The Royal Conservatory of Music has announced changed to their upcoming concert schedule as a result of the recent provincial announcement.
With the entire province of Ontario back into its so-called Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen — meaning the closure of all performance venues — until at least January 26, there was a need to make some changes to the busy January that was planned.
Mervon Mehta, Executive Director of Performing Arts at The Royal Conservatory of Music, commented in a release. “This latest lockdown requires us to alter 18 performances at The Royal Conservatory in the next three weeks. Those hit hardest will be the 1,500 artists, crew, and support staff that will lose performances and shifts, which is heartbreaking after almost two years without stable employment. We thank them and our loyal patrons for sticking with us once again.”
As scheduled, livestream only:
- Morgan-Paige Melbourne — Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 1 p.m. from Koerner Hall (free)
- 21C Cinq à Sept: Eve Egoyan (world premieres) — Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 5p.m. from Koerner Hall
- Víkingur Ólafsson — original date Thursday, January 13, rescheduled to Thursday, February 24, 8 p.m.
- ARC Ensemble: Marc Neikrug’s A Song by Mahler (Canadian premiere) — original date Saturday, January 15, rescheduled to Thursday May 5, 8 p.m.
- Kronos Quartet on Film: A Thousand Thoughts — original date Tuesday, January 18, rescheduled to Tuesday, December 6, 8 p.m.
- Kronos Quartet with students from The Glenn Gould School: Fifty Forward — original date Thursday, January 20, rescheduled to Thursday, December 8, 8 p.m
- Kronos Quartet with Tanya Tagaq — Music for Change (world and Canadian premieres) — original date Friday, January 21, rescheduled to Friday, December 9, 8 p.m.
- The Robert W. and G. Ann Corcoran Concerto Competition — original date Wednesday, January 26,
rescheduled to Thursday, April 14, 4 p.m.
- Dianne Reeves — original date Sunday, January 30, rescheduled to Saturday, April 9, 8 p.m.
- Maple Blues Awards — original date Monday, January 31, rescheduled to Monday, June 20, 7 p.m.
Postponed, with new dates to be announced:
- Gould’s Wall — January 12 to January 16, 2022 (world premiere)
- Danish String Quartet — Saturday, January 22, 2022 (Ontario premiere)
- Gerald Finley and Julius Drake — Sunday, January 23, 2022 (Canadian premiere)
- Mariza — Thursday, January 27, 2022
- Punch Brothers — Saturday, January 29, 2022
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo — Thursday, February 3, 2022
- Daniel Lanois and Heavy Sun on Friday, March 4, 2022 has been cancelled
- R&B legend Valerie Simpson will perform in Koerner Hall on Saturday, February 26, 2022 as part of A Tribute to Aretha Franklin: The Queen of Soul featuring Damien Sneed.
Current ticketholders have multiple options. For details, see [HERE].
Get the daily arts news straight to your inbox.
Sign up for the Ludwig van Daily — classical music and opera in five minutes or less HERE.
- REPORT| Open Letter From Indigenous Classical Music Gathering Calls For Change - August 16, 2022
- THE SCOOP | TD Music Connected Play The Parks Concert Series Expands To 13 Cities - August 15, 2022
- THE SCOOP| Royal Canadian Mint Honours Pianist Oscar Peterson - August 12, 2022