Youth Opera Lab: THE SCORE AND THE ORCHESTRA
Exploring the Canadian Opera Company’s production of Richard Wagner’s Die Walküre
Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, 145 Queen Street West
Latest posts by Member (see all)
The Folks Behind It All
Johannes Debus | Music Director, Canadian Opera Company
Marie Bérard | Concertmaster, Canadian Opera Company Orchestra
Youth Opera Labs (YOL) are FREE events for teens and young adults ages 16 to 24 that happen five times in the opera season and include:
– an interactive workshop;
– a Q&A with an opera professional;
– an exclusive glimpse of the first rehearsal of cast, crew and orchestra
– a pair of free tickets to attend the BMO Financial Group Student Dress Rehearsal of the opera
No previous experience with opera is necessary. Participants are selected based on the interest and relevance demonstrated in their online application. Light refreshments are provided.
Program Supporter: J.P. Bickell Foundation
BMO Financial Group Student Dress Rehearsals
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
5 to 9:30 p.m.
– Orchestra pit tour with COC Orchestra Concertmaster Marie Bérard
– Score study workshop with COC Music Director Johannes Debus
– Die Walküre working rehearsal
THE DRESS REHEARSAL
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
7 p.m. (note earlier start time)
Participation in the lab earns you two FREE tickets to the dress rehearsal of Die Walküre.
Registration for THE SCORE & THE ORCHESTRA Youth Opera Lab is FREE and open until January 13, 2015. Apply here.