- This event has passed.
Toronto Symphony Orchestra | Oundjian Conducts Brahms
June 1 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
One event on June 2, 2022 at 8:00 pm
One event on June 4, 2022 at 8:00 pm
One event on June 5, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Small phrases blossom into statements of grand, poetic power in Brahms’s fourth and final symphony, a monument to the composer’s mastery which incorporates intricate techniques of Bach and the Baroque Era. A child prodigy, world-class pianist, and trailblazing composer, Clara Schumann is one of 19th-century music’s most remarkable and fascinating figures. She wrote her Piano Concerto at the age of fourteen to showcase her own virtuosity, and it’s the perfect vehicle for the enormous talents of Toronto-born pianist Tony Siqi Yun, gold medalist at the first China International Music Competition in 2019. Conductor Emeritus Peter Oundjian leads these performances, which begin with Spotlight Artist Samy Moussa’s atmospheric Nocturne.
- Samy Moussa: Nocturne for Orchestra
- C. Schumann: Piano Concerto
- Brahms: Symphony No. 4
- Peter Oundjian, conductor
- Tony Siqi Yun, piano
- WHO’S WHO | Ontario Pops Orchestra Has Big Plans For Hispanic Heritage Month - October 5, 2022
- THE SCOOP | Crooning Prime Minister Causes Social Media Furor - September 19, 2022
- IN MEMORIAM | A Tribute To David Burnham - September 2, 2022