One of Toronto’s hottest theatre performances will be suspending four performances over the holidays due to COVID-19.
According to a statement from Mirvish, the following performances of Come From Away at the Royal Alexandra Theatre will be cancelled because of a positive COVID case among the backstage crew:
- Thursday, December 23 @ 8 p.m.;
- Friday, December 24 @ 1:30 p.m.;
- Sunday, December 26 @ 2 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
Performances will resume on Tuesday, December 28. According to the statement, “This pause will protect all the artists, technicians, staff and audiences, and allow everyone to celebrate the holidays safely.”
Performances of Jesus Christ Superstar, another Mirvish production, remain unaffected, and will continue at the Princess of Wales Theatre until January 2 as scheduled.
Get the daily arts news straight to your inbox.
Sign up for the Ludwig van Daily — classical music and opera in five minutes or less HERE.
- REPORT | Study: Just A Few Weeks Of Music Lessons Can Improve Audiovisual Processing - November 29, 2022
- THE SCOOP | Orchestral Conductor Karl Hirzer Receives 2022 Heinz Unger Award - November 25, 2022
- THE SCOOP | Universal/Deutsche Grammophon Launch New High-Res Classical Music Streaming Service - November 24, 2022