Ludwig Van is always looking for talented writers to join our editorial team. If you have a deep love and knowledge of classical music and/or opera, drop us a line, we’d love to hear from you.
We know how much work goes into this, and so this isn’t a work for exposure deal. We pay all our freelancers the going rate and will discuss this first before you start writing for us.
What we’re looking for
A freelance critic to review various events including orchestral, chamber, solo concerts around Toronto.
- Cover a broad range of classical music in the Toronto area.
- Ensure articles written following our editorial guidelines and are submitted on time.
- Take the necessary steps required to produce content, which may include attending events, telephone, email, and in-person interviews.
- Capture quality photos for accompanying articles, as needed.
- Maintain a close connection to the arts scene, and stay up-to-date on news and events affecting Toronto and beyond
- Uphold our professional integrity through quality, and ethically produced work.
- Build and maintain relationships with industry professionals — while remaining at an arm’s length.
- Identify all possible conflicts of interest.
- Degree or diploma in journalism, music, or English an asset
- Experience writing for a print or online publication — (blogs included).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of social media.
- Ability to interface with editorial members, publicists, and the public both remotely and face-to-face.
- Flex creative muscles and seek to improve your writing.
- Skills in photography an asset.
Benefits of working with us
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Be part of a close-knit and well-connected team that works hard, but knows how to have fun.
Is this you? Email your CV/Resume, freelance rate expectations, and links to any published work and social media channels to email@example.com, subject line “Freelance Writer – Toronto.”