- This event has passed.
Women’s Musical Club Of Toronto | Beverley Johnston, percussion, and friends — CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
April 2, 2020 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm$45
Beverley Johnston, percussion
Aiyun Huang and Russell Hartenberger, percussion
Susan Hoeppner, flutes
Marc Djokic, violin
Beverley Johnston is one of Canada’s superstar percussionist. Her exceptional stage presence, remarkable virtuosity, and insightful musicianship have established her reputation well beyond the borders of her native Canada. Performing frequently as a soloist and chamber musician, she has commissioned many works by leading Canadian composers many of which have become staples of the standard percussion repertory. Bev will be joined by some of her closest colleagues from the U of T Faculty of Music.
Russell Hartenberger, the most recent winner of the Leonardo da Vinci World Award of Arts, will compose the WMCT commissioned work for this concert.
- George Kontogiorgos/Hatzis/Johnston — Axion Esti, for clay udu drum, voice and audio playback
- Johann Sebastian Bach/Johnston — Bach on marimba
- Christos Hatzis — Arctic Dreams, for flute, vibraphone and audio playback of Inuit throat singers, loons…
- Lou Harrison — Ariadne and Dionysus for flute and drums
- Frederic Rzewski — To the Earth, for flower pots and voice
- Astor Piazzolla — Night Club 1960 (Histoire du Tango, III), for violin and marimba
- Christos Hatzis — Vignettes, for violin and marimba
- Russell Hartenberger — New WMCT Commissioned work for percussion quartet
- Julie Spencer — Everybody Talk about Freedom, for rap voice and marimba
- GIVEAWAY | Enter To Win Tickets To See Opening Night Of The Toronto Symphony - September 6, 2023
- GIVEAWAY | Enter To Win Tickets To See The NAC Orchestra Live In Toronto - February 3, 2023
- WHO’S WHO | Ontario Pops Orchestra Releases Debut Album “Breaking Barriers” - January 25, 2023